SAFE Training Program
Recognize concerning behaviors that may lead to sexual violence
Know how to intervene effectively to prevent sexual violence
Have the skills to support victims
Sexual Assault Free Environment (SAFE)
SAFE Trained establishments receive:
- 45-, 60-, or 90-minute active bystander training
- SAFE Training materials for all participating staff
- Posters & resources with MOCSA’s 24-hour support line
- Recognition on social media & website
- Information about MOCSA services to share with guests in need
- Ongoing support and follow up for bar staff after the presentation
- Additional training for new employees
For more information or to schedule a SAFE Training please email us or fill out the form below. These trainings can be conducted virtually.
Request information or training:
The program focuses on training bar and restaurant staff to recognize potentially harmful situations and give them the tools to intervene effectively to prevent sexual violence and support survivors.
MOCSA’s SAFE (Sexual Assault Free Environment) Training is modeled after similar programs, such as Ask for Angela in Lincolnshire, England and the Safe Bar Alliance in Lawrence, KS. Communities around the world agree that prevention is possible and that partnering with bars and restaurants generates new energy and allies who are eager to prevent sexual violence.
SAFE Trained Establishments
(as of 4/17/23)
Big Rip Brewing
Boulevard Brewing Company
Casual Animal Brewing Co.
District Pour House
Double Shift Brewing Company
Gaels Public House & Sports
Made in KC
The Mockingbird Lounge
The Monarch Bar